The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly gather or use personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13, and we do not allow anyone under the age of 13 to register with the Services.
Types of personally identifiable information collected.
We collect personally identifiable information from individuals and businesses using our Services, including Patrons and the restaurants that have accounts with Hostme. This information includes:
Information you provide to us. These are voluntary submissions made when you use the Services and create an Account, such as, for Patrons, your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender and, to the extent you participate in a loyalty program through our Services, the last 4 digits of your credit card used in our participating restaurants, which are provided to us during the registration process and, for restaurants, similar information for authorized representatives.
Information from your mobile device. We may access or request to access certain information stored on your mobile device including information about your location, contacts, camera and other data. In addition, we may make upgrades and changes to our App to allow you the opportunity to make payments through the Services such as through Apple iPay.
Information in connection with your Account. If you establish an Account through our Services, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number. Your credit card information may be transferred to a payment processing company for processing.
Use of information collected.
Patrons. Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience with our Services generally as well as provide you with customized, personalization services and interactive communications related to your dining experiences. We operate a loyalty points program through the Services in order to reward you when you visit restaurants using our Services. To operate this program, we keep track of the restaurants you visit based on your user information, including phone number. We also use this information in order to enhance and better tailor your restaurant experiences, such as by sending you text messages to update you on waiting lists, inform you of restaurant special promotions and deals, provide your name and phone number to restaurants you choose so that they can handle your reservations and wait times, and provide you with other pertinent information regarding restaurants you visit. We also use this information internally in order to help us better understand the demographics of our users. We may use some of this information for contacting you, customizing your experience on the Services including through advertising, improving our services and conducting research. We only collect personally identifiable information from you because you are voluntarily submitting the information to us in order to utilize the Services.
Restaurants. Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience on our Services. We may use your financial information (e.g., your credit card number) only to verify your credit and to bill you for memberships purchased through our Services, including any Payment Information you provide, to the extent that now or in the future we process your payments through our Website or a third party payment processing company. We also use your contact information as necessary to send you information about the memberships that you have purchased. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Services. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate without any of your personally identifiable information.
We may research the demographics, interests and behavior of our customers based on the information provided to us during membership registration, during sweepstakes, contests and promotions, from our server log files, from cookies and from surveys. Our research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personally identifiable information.
Disclosure of personally identifiable information.
We generally will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission to do so or under special circumstances described below:
- For Patrons, we may share your personal information with restaurants that use our Services to manage their patron experiences. This may generally involve us transmitting your name, email address and phone number to restaurants you have chosen so that they can reserve a table for you, transmit waiting list information and updates to you, and send you special offers.
- For Patrons, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as sweepstakes, contests, special deals and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored sweepstakes, contests, special deals or promotions will become the joint property of Hostme and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may share your name, phone number and email address with them.
- Under confidentiality agreements, we may match user information with third party data. We also may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Terms, or may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of Hostme or any third party, including other users. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that law or regulation requires disclosure.
- We reserve the right to transfer personal information to a successor in interest that acquires rights to that information as a result of the sale of Hostme or substantially all of its assets to that successor in interest. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers or dissolution.
Protection of personal information.
Hostme uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural measures to safeguard personally identifiable information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We limit access to personal information about you to our employees whom we believe reasonably need that information to provide support or services to you or to fulfill their roles in our company. Although we have established and maintain security procedures to protect your personally identifiable information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Services. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and preventing unauthorized access to your mobile device or computer.
Privacy policies of hostme partners.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact Hostme at firstname.lastname@example.org.